Simantiri Mansion

The oldest building in the country after the Monastery, located near the renowned Monastery of Zoodochos Pigi, Simantiri Mansion was built in 1625 by Smyrnian artisans and is a characteristic patmian two-storey mansion, which now operates as a folklore museum. Its interior includes furniture, paintings, heirlooms (mainly from Odessa) and a rare iconostasis with icons of Russian style of the 14th, 15th and 16th century. House-museum, the tour is given by its eighth generation owner, Mrs Morfousa Simantiri, who leavens the objects with stories from the past and jokes about their acquisition and use.

Open all year round
Hours: Daily, 09: 00-13: 30 and 17: 00-19: 30
Tel .: (+30)  22470 31360

You might also like

Sights

The Windmills of Patmos

Europa Nostra, created in 1963 in collaboration with the European Union, constitutes a pan-European citizen’s movement for the safeguarding of Europe’s cultural and natural heritage. Since 1978, Europa Nostra awards

Sights

The Windmills of Patmos

The windmills of Chora Built in the east of the Holy Monastery of Patmos, on the top of the hill with view of the sea, the three windmills of Chora

Sights

Easter in Patmos

The ritual, customs, the ceremony of the Holy Washbowl and the representation of the Last Supper are several reasons to spend the Easter on the island of Revelation in a