Stavrakas Mansion

Stavrakas Mansion was built approximately in 1870-1880 in the northern part of the country, just beneath the walls and near the gate of Theologos Monastery. It is a classic example of the traditional Patmian house in the neoclassical era. Architecturally, it extends over the steep slope and it has three floors and a small courtyard.

It was restored by the Patmian Culture Company (EMCO) and now is open as an international environment and culture center.

Reference: Greek Society for the Environment and Cultural Heritage. Click here for the brochure.

You might also like

Sights

The Windmills of Patmos

Europa Nostra, created in 1963 in collaboration with the European Union, constitutes a pan-European citizen’s movement for the safeguarding of Europe’s cultural and natural heritage. Since 1978, Europa Nostra awards

Sights

Churches

Municipal Churches The following churches belong to the Municipality of Patmos and are registered under its cadastral lot:   Parishes Holy Temple Location Telephone Megali Panaghía Chora 22470 32994 Panagia

Sights

The Italian Building (Skala)

Built in 1932, by order of the Italian Governor Mario Lago to house the barracks of the Constabulary, the Post, the Customs and its warehouses, the “Italian Building”, as it